PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - JAA thwarting strengthened cockpit doors?
Old 29th Oct 2001, 03:30
bugg smasher
quidquid excusatio prandium pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Greetings Wizzy,

Admonition acknowledged, you are quite correct in pointing out the peculiar myopia that can be prevalent here when viewing events that occur beyond these shores, indeed it is a subject that appears to be one of the primary sources of the ongoing trans-Atlantic squabble you refer to. I leave that discussion, however, to those that are so inclined.

Your comments regarding European airport security are noted with some alarm, you will recall, for example, that the Lockerbie disaster occurred due to a bomb passing undetected through both Frankfurt and Heathrow airports. Securing something the size and complexity of an international airport terminal is a daunting task, and given all the variables, can never be made wholly secure I should think.

That being the case, it has been quite correctly stated that the cockpit is, in fact, the last line of defense. If you are absolutely certain that your cockpit is not at risk, what is your solution for those carriers whose flight decks are?

Your kind condolences are appreciated with thanks, but not to worry my friend, although the New Yorkers may be myopic, they are tenacious to a fault.

Warmest Regards