PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - lap tops with new security rules
View Single Post
Old 12th Aug 2006, 12:47
ExSimGuy

Sims Fly Virtually

Location: Used to be 3rd Sand Dune from the Left - But now I'm somewhere else somewhere else.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's not that I can't let my lappy out of my control, but I have several thousand quid's worth of electronics that I must take with me when on holiday (lappy, PDA-phone, etc) as I am often needed to carry on my work when I am away.

Who pays for the replacements if things are "lost" frommy bags while I am not carrying them? Not the airlines ("we tell everyone not to check valuables") Not the insurance companies ("checkng valuables is stoopidand we won't cover your stooopidity") Not the British Government ("we aren't responsible for anything)

I know it's not the airlines' fault, but something has to be done to privide secure transport for the professionals' equipment when they are flying - or they will stop flying whenever possible (at least, where it involves using British airports).

I have a flight UK-USA planned for 2 minths from now and I am wondering how to be sure that my equipment is safe, as well as all of the data on the computer (prices lists, correspondance records etc) that I may need while I am in the USA.