PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Vulcan to the Sky, The End? (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 11th Aug 2006, 21:38
andrewmcharlton

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Like it or lump it Winco is right.

Even FI's figures (she is the project director) are saying that £250k just gets it out the hangar and it needs £1m in pledges to continue. Reallistically where is that going to appear from ?

Its a case now of Sh*t or get off the pot for the whole project sadly. If they can raise the £250k but not the rest, that money is best spent on preservation that gives the project a hope of resurrection. If they roll it out with £250k but no more to follow where will the money come from to mothball it professionally ?

I am not an engineer and doubtless others will know the ins and outs, but does anyone know what would need to be done to protect the project properly if that had to be done ? What kind of money are we talking for the engineering element (forget the rent bill for now) ?

If the trust became insolvent, which is a real prospect, I would be interested to know (wearing my lawyers hat) what claims or liens the Waltons might have over the aircraft for rent ? They may end up acquiring it back in lieu of rent if appropriate legal safeguards are not currently in place, a worrying thought or not ?