PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Easyjet Captain Pay
View Single Post
Old 11th Aug 2006, 18:19
Norman Stanley Fletcher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have done some calculations and from October - which is when the second round of the pay award kicks in (and also the earliest you are likely to be in easyJet!) I can give you some figures. The first 6 months after your final line check is paid at 90% basic but with full allowances. I do not want to get into a big discussion about whether it is just or not - like it or not that is the deal! Assuming you fly around 500 sectors per annum (a pretty good average around the bases), your effective gross pay after 6 months will be £89,000. Furthermore, it will rise to just under £93,000 after 2 years, about £96,500 after 5 years and about £100,000 after 10 years due to the loyalty bonus which is paid annually. In addition you will receive 7% of basic pay (£73792) into your pension plus receive loss of licence protection. (They will put in 9% unless you state otherwise but you will lose that extra 2% off your basic pay).

There are countless websites that will convert that into an accurate after-tax figure but I reckon about £4,800 after tax per month is about right on £89,000 per annum.

I hope that helps.

Last edited by Norman Stanley Fletcher; 11th Aug 2006 at 23:21.