PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Doha too expensive
View Single Post
Old 11th Aug 2006, 16:41
fractional

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DXB is still the place in almost all aspects despite all the price hikes, dust, construction inconvenience, traffic madness, etc., although MCT could be the place depending on ones point of view. DXB is more cosmopolitan and more appetising for non-Arabs and MCT more natural specially if you head into the East-South quadrant.
Then, comes BAH. BAH has always been the most organised and also cospolitan and balanced society with more levelled numbers of non-Gulf Arabs, Westerners or Aussies, Indians or Pakistanis, etc., and the Bahrainis have always been happy to stay ahead that way. You can almost do anything yourself.
DOH and AUH compete for the bottom places with the latter in clear advantage since it is not isolated and Qatar is by land. At least you can drive to other places and cities, and there are many, from AUH while in Qatar you have got little more than DOH.
Among KWI, DMM, DHA, RIY or JED, all dry, JED is by far the only place I would choose if I had to make such decision.
Others may differ from my opinion, so other constructive opinions are also welcome. Be aware that the price hikes will be rife as development grows at whatever country, region, area or city.