PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Vulcan to the Sky, The End? (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 11th Aug 2006, 13:52
andrewmcharlton

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flipflop,

I have no beef whatsoever with the guys in the hangar at all, I commend them entirely and know it must be very difficult for them right now, they have all of our best wishes I am sure.

I know that everyone wants to see it succeed but realism has to bite at some point. The campaign director herself says that without £1m the project will not go forward.

£250k isn't enough. Her own remarks also make it clear that £50k is a good month for fundraising and with some 20 days to go to decision day, surely someone has to question the best way forward.

They seem to suggest that they hope for a commercial sponsor to step in once roll out occurs but frankly if they aren't in negotiations with a sponsor today that is simply not going to happen. Even sponsors will want assurances and guarantees and it isn't clear one way or the other that any could be given. Commercial sponsorships aren't a case of here's a cheque off you go, they are complex legal relationships with onerous conditions invariably and would take a serious amount of time to conclude.