PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Vulcan to the Sky, The End? (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 11th Aug 2006, 11:55
Tim McLelland

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by The Swinging Monkey
Tim,
Am I really the only one here misreading what FI says, or do you know something that the rest of us don't?
She says 'The fact is that £250,000 alone will not restart the project, it needs the full £1M to be given or pledged for it to be able to go forward'
You say 'the 250K will allow the project to continue'
Which one of you is correct Tim? is it you or is it FI?
And you wonder why people are confused? pheww!
Kind regards
TSM
I don't know what you want me to say - I've explained my view more than enough times. Everyone seems to be confused but (as I keep saying) Pleming says quite specifically that unless they get 250k in two weeks or so, the project will be stopped. That's the only "hard fact" I've determined. The rest is open to question; Pleming seems to suggest that the rest of the money should be achieveable, but maybe he's being optimistic, I don't know. Felicity Irwin seems to be basing her comments on the broader information given on their web site, and although she's correct in saying that more cash is needed to finish the project, the point I've been trying to emphasise is that this is another matter entirely. The short-term point is that the project goes no further without the 250k, at least according to Pleming.

But once more, I can only say that regardless of all these tangents that we can go-off on, there seems to be only one practical route to follow - it's a straight choice between abandoning the project, or making an all-out effort to get the HLF to bail-out the project, at least until the flight stage. My inclination is to opt for the latter for the reason I've stated many times previously.

Clearly, we can argue about the rights and wrongs of the project forever, but what is the point? If it cannot go any further in two weeks from now, I don't really care about who did what and why, because it will be entirely academic once the project stops. Logically, the only way that the project can continue, and all the money and effort be saved, is for the HLF to stump-up enough cash (whatever the real figure may be) to get the aircraft to flight status. Then and only then, can TVOC (or whoever might follow-on from them!) can see once and for all, whether a sponsor can be found to keep the aircraft flying. If no sponsor is found, then by all means deliver the aircraft to Duxford (or preferably to someone overseas who might be able to fly it) and end the project then. But right now, at this stage, it would just be a complete waste of money and effort to bail-out at the last minute.