PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK Psychometric Tests
View Single Post
Old 11th Aug 2006, 07:07
Ghostflyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The psych tests themselves are not the problems. The problems are the norms they use and the ridiculous fishing expeditions afterwards (supposed to be feedback). The fishing changes the results and the norms mean that they have no idea who they are really after anway.

I'll be honest I can't remember how the norms were created now for the various populations but they did not in anyway match up to the job reqs. What do I mean? Well for example (illustrative only), the Portugeuse Norm might say have been worked out by interviewing in English a number of Portugeuse Fishermen applying for jobs as dentists and then deciding those guys had the same attributes as pilots.

Looking at the posts above they range from being yourself to give nothing away. I answered honestly, the 'real' question being asked. The questions are all generally part of a series linked together. For example purposes only: You live in Dubai, have you ever argued with an Indian? You might think that is asking whether or not you are racist but more likely it has something to do with truth.

You will have people ragging me for trying to suggest that I am reading too much into it but, guess what, that is the purpose of the tests! When I did the tests, I answered honestly the 'real' questions being asked because I figured it was better to fail as myself rather than pretending to be someone else.

What I would say is that unless you say something totally radical during the fishing expedition, the tests are not pass or fail they only provide prompts to the interviewers. During my time, only once, one of the psychs blacked balled an ozzie because he thought he was racist. He actually had said a common ozzie term that had been mis-construed.

Good one Zomp!