PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Vulcan to the Sky, The End? (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 8th Aug 2006, 07:00
andrewmcharlton

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tim,

Where has the blind optomism come from ? The strength of one email from the prviusly ever present Dr ?

Throwing money into this now without adequate planning, transparency and a realistic prospect of success (decide what that is for yourself but it isn't making one flight for me) is simply a false dawn and a waste of cash.

Banging on at the HLF I think will do no good. Look at the big picture. Can they afford to either create a precedent of bailing out plans that go pear shaped AND not giving that money to someone who has got a plan AND a real chance of sucess.

I for one would love it to fly, love to be proved wrong etc, I will join my illustrious fellow poster in singing around the peri track naked if it flies. But in my heart of hearts, I would rather the lottery gave £250k to help someone cure a curable disease or help some disabled kids enjoy another Christmas than line the pockets of the trustees, the friends or consultants.

I hope it can be saved as much for the payment of salaries to those who have worked at the coal face for so long with so little attention unlike the illustrious leader who by all accounts is working from a control bunker (Gite) in the south (France) for safety.