PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Vulcan to the Sky, The End? (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 7th Aug 2006, 22:41
Tim McLelland

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by brickhistory
Really?
From your post in "Vulcan Aircrew?" thread, dated 24 Mar 06:
".....I think you'll find that my prophecy is correct, as I wrote "The Vulcan Story" years ago, and it's still recognised as the best (and certainly biggest) book on the subject, even though it's showing its age now (and the reprinted edition was ghastly!). The new book will be more than twice the size of that book, so I think the odds on anyone else producing anything better, are virtually zero, and this is why I want the new book to be as good as possible.
Okay, some small publishers will undoubtedly turn-out "monographs" or similar books, but large publishing companies just don't touch this kind of subject any more (wish they did!), so I think it's fair to say that the new book will be as good as it gets."
Modest as well, I see................
Yes really - I have no commercial interest in the Vulcan project whatsoever. If you'd like to check with my publisher, feel free to do so, okay?

Why do so many people seem to think these discussions are about trying to score points? Couldn't we just discuss this important project like adults?