PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Vulcan to the Sky, The End? (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 7th Aug 2006, 20:20
brickhistory

Originally Posted by Tim McLelland
As for your sparkling input dan, I think we'd all be grateful if you'd keep your nasty comments to yourself, or at least confine them to the equally childish UKAR site where they belong. Of course I have absolutely no commercial interest in the project whatsoever. Sorry to disappoint you. And yes, I have been very critical of the TVOC project, as I've said on here repeatedly... but then you'd know that if you'd bothered to read what I've already said. Oh I forgot - actually reading posts was never one of UKAR's strong points...

Really?

From your post in "Vulcan Aircrew?" thread, dated 24 Mar 06:

".....I think you'll find that my prophecy is correct, as I wrote "The Vulcan Story" years ago, and it's still recognised as the best (and certainly biggest) book on the subject, even though it's showing its age now (and the reprinted edition was ghastly!). The new book will be more than twice the size of that book, so I think the odds on anyone else producing anything better, are virtually zero, and this is why I want the new book to be as good as possible.
Okay, some small publishers will undoubtedly turn-out "monographs" or similar books, but large publishing companies just don't touch this kind of subject any more (wish they did!), so I think it's fair to say that the new book will be as good as it gets."

Modest as well, I see................