PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Vulcan to the Sky, The End? (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 7th Aug 2006, 19:54
Tim McLelland

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by GeeRam
Err........I think you'll find that's definately not the case.
There are many that have been involved over the years dealing with the CAA in regards returning or proposals to return ex-mil jet to the air in civvie ownership.....Sea Vixen, Bucc, Lightning etc.,etc to know just how many hoops would have to be jumped through, only to end up going around in circles to jump through them again etc.....
Lots of been there done that.........and it's all these that are the sceptical ones that to a man would dearly love to see a Vulcan in the air again but from bitter experience know the realities of the task, and yet despite these hard bitten experiences gained over many years they are shot down in flames as being non-believers rather than just being plain realistic.
As soon as this project had to become a commercial one, because of the CAA/BAe/HLF it ceased to be a viable one.....simple as that.
Okay, maybe I should have been clearer - I was referring mainly to the toothless aviation press that has never bothered to ask the CAA why they arbitarily set rules and regulations that are far in excess of anything laid-down in some other countries where, inexplicably, they suffer from no more deaths or injuries than we do here. Projects like the Vulcan face an uphill struggle from the start, but the CAA certainly don't make things any easier. Their obession with safety and over-regulation is just overdone to the point of absurdity. But I digress, yet again... moaning about the CAA isn't going to raise so much as a penny for TVOC.