PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Vulcan to the Sky, The End? (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 7th Aug 2006, 16:26
Tim McLelland

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Yellow Sun
OK Tim, so it's the CAA's fault then? So you fully understand how this works from your extensive dealings with them? You are conversant with the regulatory regime? "Permit to Fly" does not mean it can be treated as a light aircraft. Because it is not going to carry passengers does not mean it is not a commercial undertaking and the aircraft is not going to be involved in "Aerial Work". The regulations applied by the CAA are in place to ensure the safety of the public and the operators, which ones do you propose to ignore Tim?
YS
And the point of your sarcasm is what, exactly?
The CAA insists on everything being done to meet their rules. Fine. Problem is, they're the CAA's rules, imposed and designed by the CAA. Nobody ever investigates them. Nobody even questions them. Clearly, different rules apply in other countries, not least the US and South Africa. You can bet that the project would have been much, much easier without the CAA, but that's yet another argument and yet another tangent we can go-off to explore, instead of concentrating on the more important fact that there's now less than three weeks in which to keep the project running...

I know I'm repeating myself here but no matter how many postings people make, we have heard all (and I do mean all) of these comments before. Some people think it's a lost cause, some think it's worth one last push. Point is, no matter which way you look at it, the whole saga is going to be irrelevant if some more cash isn't found fast.