PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Singaporean self-sponsored CPL holders - where are you?
Old 6th Aug 2006, 17:03
HenC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is my first post. I would really like to say gd luck to all aspiring pilots!

Thanks 9M for sharing your experiences too. Seems like u didn't have it easy at all and still persevering. Gd to hear that u r coping fine at some M'sian flying club.

It's also heartening to hear that M'sia are receptive to S'poreans pilot wannabes and that instructors are in demand.

If all goes well, I shd be enrolling in Asia-Pacific Flight Training (APFT) in Sep/Oct 2006. Met up with the chief recruiter Maj (Ret) Ibrahim and asked a number of qns.

He mentioned that out of 9 instructors in AFPT, 4 are S'poreans. (Encouraging!)

APFT does not have AFI course now but will implement it and will even award scholarships to promising students but with bond attached.

APFT has just signed an agreement with AirAsia and students will receive priority for interviews upon graduation. Well, whether they pass the inteview is another matter.

I did ask him if fresh graduates of the academy may be employed right away by other major airlines, he said, "Why not?" Well, based on my info from this thread, he sounded a little too optimistic?

9M, you don't intend to instruct forever, do you? Care to share your long -term dreams? For me, I obtained funding thru own savings and money from a close family member. Parents do not support at all. Very very discouraging but I'm still determined to make it. Do you think it's risky on my part? I really hope to be an airline pilot someday or any pilot who earns gd money.