PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BIRMINGHAM - 2
Thread: BIRMINGHAM - 2
View Single Post
Old 4th Aug 2006, 19:46
rubber jonny

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Legalize
Bird stikes can cause delays I agree, But its not a birds stupidity that makes it hit the aircraft.
Bird strikes cannot be avoided but people driving or pushing ground equiptment into aircraft and damaging them can be avoided.How many times to you see baggage trucks,belt loaders speeding around the ramp,with jokers playing tunes on the horn,its that kind of mentality within some people that causes accidents to aircraft and ground equiptment.
Iv'e seen aviance,swissport, serviceair and catering trucks all hit aircraft with ground equiptment and heard the excuses,"it moved on its own,brakes didnt work,dunno what happened etc etc".Most of the accidents are caused by people not taking care and being stupid.
I'm sure if you go and tell passengers your gonna be delayed because someone hit the aircraft with steps,belt loader etc and say "And even if you do have a few bumps now and again it gives me (sorry , did I say ME!!!!) i mean BIA, something to do to help pass the time. It keeps us AWAKE!!!!" there gonna be thrilled to bits. But tell them that the aircraft's had an unavoidable bird strike I'm sure they will be more understandable about the delay.
groundhogbhx
I am not employed by a handling agent so I have no bias or gripe towards any of them!