PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Vulcan to the Sky, The End? (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 4th Aug 2006, 19:41
sucksqueezeBANGstop

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pleming says that the HLF will not supply any more cash without a policy decision from the top. Personally, I think this is where TVOC and others ought to be putting pressure on HLF. It is, after all, our money that they are going to be wasting if they don't cough-up another 250k (or less).

Interesting that this item is being pushed on the VulcanToTheSky forum at the moment:

For those who are interested in helping the project, what about trying to contact the HLF and register our public interest in seeing this project completed? It's all very well and good the Trust looking for cash to complete the project. If the public are asking for the same results surely their chances are that much greater? as the Lottery Fund are doing this for us aren't they? They don't want to be seeing in-fighting and moaning amongst the supposed fans of this aircraft.

I have found their website here:
www.hlf.org.uk

And I think the regional offices for the Vulcan project would be:
http://www.hlf.org.uk/English/InYourArea/EastMidlands/

Chiltern House
St Nicholas Court
25-27 Castle Gate
Nottingham, NG1 7AR
Tel: 0115 9349050

Can all those interested in aiding the project give them a ring or email, and register support of this project and their concern?

If the engineers are looking to publicise the problems surely it's because they are worried they will have found new jobs and not be able to complete this project if the cash comes through at too late an hour. What action needs to be taken, wants to be taken now.

If any on here can help, then let's do our bit. I will.

This is on the Key Publishing forum at present. Not a bad idea...... What does everyone think? Support of the Project is needed at moment.

It's got to be worth a try. [email protected]
Worth a letter/email by all who can - and pass on the message to your email contacts.

SSBS