PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Logging Co-Pilot & PIC flight time as PPL holder
Old 4th Aug 2006, 14:40
youngskywalker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A similar situation with myself. I asked the question on here a while ago about a single pilot kingair, the consensus was about 50-50 weather I could log it as P2.

In the end, and after discussing it with many other proffesional pilots, they all agreed that it was acceptable for me to log it as P2, providing I did not try to count the time for the issue or renewal of a licence or rating. I have done just that but also I clearly marked it in my book to state that I was not including this time for any licence issue purposes. What value does this time have some will say? well in the eyes of the FAA/CAA probably not much, but perhaps to an employer it will show a 'record of my personal flying experience', to some of you it will make me look like I'm blagging hours or trying to cheat the system. Although perhaps the Kingair whilst still being a single pilot aircraft, we do try and operate it as a crew and it is a little more serious than a PA28.

Preparing to be shot down in flames again!