PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Logging Co-Pilot & PIC flight time as PPL holder
Old 3rd Aug 2006, 17:24
SKYYACHT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just wish that the powers that be would re-write the ANO to reflect the US system, whereby all flight time where the pilot was "The sole manipulator of the flight controls" could be logged as P1. (Provided that the pilot was the holder of a pilot licence of course!) In my 'umble understanding, this reduces the confusion. I fly with pilot A..... He passes the controls to me. I, as a qualified Pilot, fly the aircraft for 30 minutes, whilst he gawps out of the window. At the end of 30 minutes, I pass control back to him.

The question remains - Was I truly flying the aircraft in reality? Was I responsible for see and avoid..... Was I operating the radio.... ?

If the answer to all of these was YES, then am I am passenger? If not, then should I not be able to log the 30 minutes flying during which I was the handling pilot?

I dunno.

I'm off to the pub for a beer..... I wish... More like back to the computer to finish my project!

Hi Say again slowly! Hows things?