PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Logging Co-Pilot & PIC flight time as PPL holder
Old 3rd Aug 2006, 12:45
theresalwaysone

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Say again s l o w l y
Sorry but there is a load of old nonsense being posted here.

I will say this for the last and final time;

A PPL CANNOT log a flight if there is another pilot already logging it, unless that other person is an FI.

Get it? Got it? Good.

Check LASORS as per usual. It's not rocket science...... It's common sense.
Wrong --a PPL can log any flight in a log book including passenger flying. What you are trying to say that such logged time will not count for the grant or renewal of a licence or rating in the UK. When you are talking about legislative issues you need to ensure you are referencing the law and not your own personal opinion, you also need to be concise in your choice of words and be sure you are quoting from definitive documents, that is why I pointed out that ONLY is not correct, MINMUM is the wording on the C of A. Understandbly at this level of flying the reasoning can seem vague but when a PPL wants to buy a Boeing 737 or a HS125 and fly it by himself it becomes a little more relevant. There have been cases of two minimum crew aircraft that have had three operating pilots the BA Trident for instance.

As someone has just pointed out LASORS is a reference publication, its not a Statutory Instrument as the ANO is, its the ANO that the CAA Barrister will be using in court!

For interested parties I include a copy of the CAA info;

LASORS 2006 Description: The LAS section brings together in one easily understandable book all the flight crew licensing information otherwise found in JAR-FCL, the UK ANO, AICs and the old CAPs 53/54. Regulations and procedures do change between the annual publishing of LASORS and these updates are notified by AICs and published on our website www.caa.co.uk/srg/licensing. The ORS section is also by no means in its definitive format. If it can be enhanced to make the whole book more valuable to the pilot it will be. The aim is to give pilots a one-stop reference for all aspects of safe aeroplane operation.