PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Eagle Airlines checks - sounds scary!!!
View Single Post
Old 3rd Aug 2006, 01:41
NoseGear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Fair one

mattyj, don't you want a job there? The new pilot is fully trained in the aircraft curtouesy of the sim in Toronto, its line oriented flying they are teaching. The pax are perfectly safe, except perhaps when I was landing!
CC, fair comment, I certainly don't expect names, I was suggesting that the "I've made it, its easy from here on in" mindset could be catching some out.
Do you think the experience levels have really dropped? I beg to differ, as you do, but most Eagle pilots have traditionally been low timers, regardless of "era". The 1500 hour, 500 multi is probably the average time most drivers get into Eagle motors, so I don't accept lower experience as a cause. What I do believe is that in the past few years, less and less pilots from Eagles traditional recruiting grounds, Great Barrier, Mountain Air, Sunair, etc, have been getting the nod, with an increase of new hires with instructor backgrounds. I don't think you can discount the ATO, IFR experience these guys have, they are doing the job, albiet in a different aircraft, but for them, the "step up" is an easier one. I was told by a senior C and T when I was under line training that he could easily tell the background of the various pilots he trained, with a marked level of overall competence from the guys with the ATO background.
Food for thought for Eagle perhaps?