PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Logging Co-Pilot & PIC flight time as PPL holder
Old 2nd Aug 2006, 20:29
robin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Viking Air
A clarifying question regarding logging of co-pilot flight time.

I seem to recall that a UK JAA PPL holder acting as co-pilot, in i.e. a PA28, can log 50% of the actual flight time as co-pilot whilst the PIC can log 100% flight time even though the plane is not multi-crew rated.

This could have relevance for pilots wishing to reduce costs of maintain PPL rights (12 months preceeding rating expiry 12 hours flight time of which only 6 has to be PIC).

I would be gratefull if someone can verify that you can log 50% co-pilot whilst the PIC logs 100% flight time (please refer to relevant documents).
Going back to this - I have to wonder what goes through the mind of a pilot who thinks they can maintain their licence validity on the back of another pilot's experience

If you are so stuffed for cash that you are unable to maintain your own currency, or even to deal with the one hour flight test every 24 months, why are you flying???

Over the past few years, thanks to my employer and bank manager, I have flown an average of around 30 hours a year. When I am in the air or close to a busy airfield I really don't want to meet a pilot who feels they are current by counting someone else's hours

Please do it properly, or don't do it at all