PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Eagle Airlines checks - sounds scary!!!
View Single Post
Old 2nd Aug 2006, 11:42
NoseGear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Devil Scary indeed

Haughtney, "crusty" checkers at CX, don't be absurd!
Quite right with the "get used to it" advice, however there is only one person to fear when it comes to checks at Eagle, and his name is Chopper!! We all know who he is. There was a time when most young NZ pilots wanted to work for Eagle, then along came the chopper He has almost single handedly changed Eagle's reputation, and not for the better.
Cloud, generally you have good, positive comments, (not at all like mine above ) but I really tire at hearing the 250 hour wonder pilot will so much more easily intergrate into a multi crew enviroment easier than a "stuck in their ways" 3000hour old dog! What a crock, I had close to those hours when I broke free of GA and had no problems whatsoever with the training, multi-crew transition, etc etc. And I'm an old dog! The more hours you have, means the more you have seen, which directly equates to what we mean when we say experience. Why do you think our crusty checkers up here lie awake at night thinking up nasties for the next check? Its so if a similar situation ever arises, you will probably have experienced it before, so its more familiar........In other words, you've got experience of this situation. I do believe that is a major failing of Eagle, not having a sim to put guys thru their paces, it is, I believe, the major leap forward in civil aviation safety, apart from the Chopper of course!!
Standing by with my flame retardant undies on..........
Nosey