PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Add for B737 crew in Sunday Times
View Single Post
Old 2nd Aug 2006, 05:46
Shrike200

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Q4NVS
....those being called are rather just relatives of the Airbus Formation Team....
The example I've been told about was at least a member of the Boeing formation team. As far as I've been told, he turned the offer down, as did some others, but all training posts (for example) have apparently been filled, or so the story goes. In the tradition of these kind of posts on these forums, its a rumour, but well founded apparently.

I think it will have a positive effect on the whole, especially if local airlines see employees moving off to the likes of Cathay, Gulf, Emirates etc (which is definately happening, so it's not just options from local airlines that are the be all and end all of the SA job market)

Originally Posted by nugpot
I can't see Comair guys leaving either, but that's just my opinion.
I second that - which is why I mentioned Nationwide. This (as usual) looks to be the airline most likely to face multiple resignations all of a sudden. Depending on the number of people required for this LCC - as I asked before, anybody with any info on numbers required? I always support Nationwide, kind of a 'support the underdog' feeling' (plus some friends there), but sometimes the management there seems to have blinkers on?

Last edited by Shrike200; 2nd Aug 2006 at 06:30.