PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 250Kt Speed Limits
View Single Post
Old 1st Aug 2006, 12:18
captainpaddy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
250Kt Speed Limits

Hello all,

Had an interesting discussion recently with a colleague regarding standard speed restrictions. It most places I know of, 250Kts below 10,000' would be the standard restrcitions for departure and arrival. Special cases are shown on the SID or STAR charts.

Tenerife Sur for example shows 250Kts below 15,000' on it's STAR charts. However, no departure speed restriction is shown on the SID charts, or any other chart for that matter. I would have expected that where no speed restriction is shown on the chart, that 250 below FL100 would apply. But, the A320 MCDU shows the 250Kt below FL150 restriction after loading any SID for that airport. The same occurs for many other airports (Spain - 250 below FL120, etc, etc...). In my company, everyone seems to accept that the MCDU must be right and complies with the restriction. Obviously this is the safest option, but it may not be the correct one.

Does anyone now where to find information confirming what speed restrictions apply in these cases? I assume the AIP for the country in question is the likely source, however I don't see how I'll get my hands on one!

Any info at all would be appreciated!