PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dual Citizenship....and dying for your country??
Old 1st Aug 2006, 00:06
Roadster280

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by SASless
Cowboy rules are simple...."You ride for the brand.....you ride for the brand!"
Simply put....you are in or out....no gray to it. You raise your hand and take an oath to support and defend the constitution of the USA....you are an American.
You may have British roots....but you are an American....either accept that concept or pack yer bags. There's no feet to it Roady....the saying "These colors do not run!" mean something. Enjoy your freedom here and prosperity here....someday it might be your turn to defend it. Either be willing to do so or renounce your new citizenship and revert to being British or whatever you were.
Being "American" is more than holding a passport with USA stamped on it.
I quite agree, my point was just that the UK does not recognise renunciation. FYI - I dont have US citizenship, I was saying that the concept of dual nationality does suit me, and when the time comes, I will almost certainly apply for it, and with honour. I'll even spell that last word differently. However, it would not excuse me from my reserve liability to the UK, and that's where the feet come into it. Hell, I'd join the Guard today if they would have a fat old knacker.