PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How to search for a job?
View Single Post
Old 31st Jul 2006, 23:10
avrodamo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Networking is difficult to get started. Your networking has to start really with people you perhaps trained with. I had a couple of friends who got airline jobs, and I kept in regular contact with. They would speak to people within the airline who they knew, and I would then get speaking to them. I would never miss an opportunity. Going out for a drink with one of them was usually good, as they would then see someone they know from the airline and introduce me, and then I would explain my tale. Almost always they would give me their mobile number and keep me informed what was going on. These people then start talking about you in other circles, and your name starts to get mentioned. It took quite a while, but within a year I had alot of contacts. I would keep in touch with all of them. Don't pester, but keep them updated. They will always tell you what’s going on too. Another important factor here is they provide you with huge support, when you feel like it's all going pear shaped and never going to happen. In addition they have some great ideas of different ways to improve your chances. When I was thinking about doing a SSTR I spoke to lots of these guys. They gave me such good advice. It was not just about should I should I not. They helped me decide what aircraft type would be best, what establishment would be best to do the training etc etc. Without that help I doubt I would have been able to make the best decision, and doubt that within 4 months of finishing I would have a jet job.
If I can help in any way PM me.