PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dual Citizenship....and dying for your country??
Old 31st Jul 2006, 15:31
brickhistory

Originally Posted by Sztoggy
Yes France has the right, but what if I preffer to take the left ?
I volunteered for some reasons. Considering that these reasons are not existing anymore (for instance, France no more representating my values), I'll definitly unvolunteer, with all the consequences.
But let's give it up, we are quite far from such a situation. That was just to say that as I see my face in the mirror every morning, I preffer not to act as a prositute for my country, but as a minded being, even if it's far from the definition of soldier...

Sztoggy,

I'm exiting this particular Hamster Wheel after this post. I truly hope you aren't faced with having to choose between France, the country you agreed to serve and Lebanon, your place of birth. If you do have to make such a decision, and you say you will accept the consequences, then so be it.

Umm, regarding the "prostitution" thing....are you not being being paid by France to do the duties she has called upon you to perform thus far? If the answer is yes, then, sir, all we are discussing is the price, not the job description!