PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Loging of Flight Time in Oz
View Single Post
Old 31st Jul 2006, 11:58
topendtorque

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For those who are worried about overstepping their flight times, the argument of 'Oogle' is fair enough.

For the 'ADF' and the 'rev up to take off' type scenes I agree with Max, you're in command of the A/C after all and you'll be pinned as PIC regardless whether its written or not it's in your log.

The engine runs, or strobe t/r etc on the ground, either by engineer or newbie on the pad will be authorised by chiefy and I suggest covered under 'Hanger Keepers Liability', which would have 'Third Party' considerations?. no requirement for pilots logs only the M/R

I note that so far no one has surfaced the 'other' side.

A word of encouragement for Newbies here; it is whorthwhile commenting as Max has, that homesty is the best policy. Say you have not flown for a year, you have between 100 and 250 or so hours or so and you front up for that magic first interview and feared flight with a check pilot.

This is what you will do,
1) be terrified and fumble before lift -off,
2) after a couple of seconds you will fly as smothly as your instructor did for twenty minutes or to up to about one hour.
3) then it will all go to pieces, concentration strain overides totally currency manipulative skill to the point where the check pilot will more than likely have to take over when you approach to land.
4) DO NOT WORRY, just hope that you have a check pilot who has been around longer than his last and first three hundred hours instructing and he should then be human enough to help you progress.