PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Loging of Flight Time in Oz
View Single Post
Old 31st Jul 2006, 02:32
maxeemum

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Get out the Reference

In the Mil log chock to chock, In Civvy St log rotor to rotor. If you are doing a ground run and plan to go flying then log rotor to rotor. If you are ground running with no intent to go flying, then keep your log book pen AWAY from your log book.

Reference URL:

http://www.casa.gov.au/fcl/flight_time.htm

Reproduced here

"Flight Time
means, in the case of a heavier-than-air aircraft, the total time from when the aircraft first moves under its own power for the purpose of taking-off until the moment at which it comes to rest after landing. This is synonymous with 'chock to chock', 'block to block' or 'push back to block' time.
In the case of a helicopter, whenever helicopter rotors are engaged for the purpose of a flight, the time will be included in the flight time. "

HRT says" ....Everyone I know also treats ground runs the same. That is ground runs are logged as PIC time when the rotor is turning.

What is the Australian industry and pilot consensus on this?....."

HRT-Mate personally I have no respect (nor does the industry) for folks that pad out the log book with hrs that were never really flown, or achieved while ground running. Its the same as having 10,000 hrs which are in effect 1 hr flown 10,000 times. It all adds up to a small scope of experience. No MOJO, you might as well put your micro soft flight sim hrs in your log book aswell if you are in the habbit of logging ground runs......

Beware if you turn up to an interview with 5000 hrs and fly like you have 1500 hrs you will be discovered. Once this occurs the damage is done!!!! Your log book, your life.

Max

Last edited by maxeemum; 31st Jul 2006 at 11:31.