PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - JETSTAR EBA - Voting opens today
View Single Post
Old 31st Jul 2006, 02:19
Mr Seatback 2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"'yes' voters are only driven by fear."
The implication that yes voters can't make a rational decision without being based on fear is just plain stupid. Sorry OTA, but you're wrong to make that generalisation.

I voted yes for a number of reasons, not least of which for the following reasons:
1) Not that this affects me, but the new EBA allows mums-to-be to take 2 years maternity leave, one additional year over the current one. Would we have had this option under an AWA - probably not.
2) The new pay scales (which benefit me, and all the oldies) + 9% over 3 years is a pay increase I - like everyone else - deserves. We haven't had a payrise in 2 years.
3) This industry - especially the Qantas Group - is about survival of the fittest. That's not a statement of fear, that's fact. Sure, it's about the business, but it's also give and take like any EBA...you trade for benefits.
4) There isn't anything in this EBA that hasn't already been done by other airlines in this country, including others under the QF Group banner.

It amazes me that with each EBA at this airline, crew want the world, but don't want to trade anything for it. That is - and always has been - the nature of Enterprise Bargaining.

"Management, faaa = same, same......"
Of course they are...which is why the FAAA took the company to the commission for arbitration a couple of months ago. Yeah...that's what 'friends' do to each other.

There is nothing friendly about the WorkChoices legislation or AWAs. If fact, for you, masquerades as fear, then so be it.