PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dual Citizenship....and dying for your country??
Old 30th Jul 2006, 20:24
brickhistory

Originally Posted by Sztoggy
The answer is simple. It's not that I bought a second citizenship. I'm really from both countrys in my flesh.
You said that as a military pilot I do not have the right to decide. My answer is that before being a soldier, I'm a man, and if I have a right to take, I'll take it. Sorry

Ah, yes, another fine example of the French military in action....
(I know, the above cheap shot belongs in JetBlast)

Sztoggy, I've been reading with some interest your posts in this thread and the "Soldiers kidnapped" thread. While I can sympathise with the turmoil you are facing with your family in the crossfire, and I am sorry that you are facing it, you are either a loyal member of the French armed services or you are not.

Your private views are one thing, but to intimate that you'd fight for another country while serving France is unprofessional. Whatever your circumstances that brought you to France and to decide to serve her, you made a grown up choice. Are you really stating that should France have a different policy than one you agree with, you'd switch sides?! Nice!