PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Why do people leave the RAF early?
View Single Post
Old 30th Jul 2006, 10:04
Biggus

Received 73 Likes on 33 Posts
C130 Techie

I wasn't making an arguement - I was simply stating a fact! Navibrator said ... "No one stays in just because they get BSA".... I was merely stating that I have met at least one person for whom that is in fact the case. The person in question wanted his kids to remain in private education - because of the QUALITY of education they were receiving. He would not have been able to do that if he left the RAF, so he stayed.

The morals of should/shouldn't you educate your children privately, etc I will leave for others to argue. My sole point is that I have met at least one person for whom loss of BSA was a significant reason for staying in the RAF - A POINT WHICH STILL STANDS. It is a fact, pure and simply, not an arguement. You may disagree with the person in questions desires/morals/values - but you cannot ignore the fact that he has them!!

Neither am I in any way .... 'blaming the system'. I repeat once again I am merely stating that for at least one person loss of BSA was a reason not to leave the RAF!!