PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Why do people leave the RAF early?
View Single Post
Old 30th Jul 2006, 08:34
C130 Techie
Fat Albert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by NutLoose
I do remember a time when the RAF was awash with Chief Technician ranks, they therefore offered them the chance to leave etc if desired and it would not I believe effect their pensions etc..............

End result, those Chiefs that were any good and would get a job packed up and left, end result the RAF suffered from being left with the dross that had been promoted up out of the way.........

No doubt nothing has changed....
What utter drivel!! This would suggest that the current stock of WOs and Flt Sgts, of which I am part, in the technical trades was derived from the 'dross' that was left behind.

I would suggest that if you targeted any specific rank in any specific trade and offered them a financial incentive to leave then a cross section of the good and bad would accept the offer for a variety of reasons.

The only gripe I have is that we do not allow our Chf Techs to sign on to age 55. So much experience goes out of the door at age 47 when many would be happy to stay.

Mr Teatime - Well said. You have hit the nail squarely on the head. Although I am in a ground trade I totally agree with your post!