PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aus Expats in Dubai
View Single Post
Old 30th Jul 2006, 02:13
DirectAnywhere

Received 164 Likes on 36 Posts
Aus Expats in Dubai

G'day all.

I've read through the last four pages or so of threads and I'm getting a feel for what people are saying about Dubai and EK.

I've got a couple of young kids, wife obviously(!), live in Aus and I'm starting to look at my options as things are getting more and more uncertain here by the day.

I certainly meet the requirements for DE FO but have no jet command time.

I know there have been threads on the state of life in Dubai before but please don't respond with answers such as "use the search function" etc. as all I'm really looking for is some honest feedback and suggestions.

QUESTIONS....

1. Are things really as bad as everybody says or is it just a chance for people to vent their spleens anonymously?

2. I can read from the EK website their terms and conditions but how do you find living in Dubai with young children and a family?

3. Does your wife/ partner find it easy while you're away? Is there a reasonable support network amongst wives etc. or is it every man for himself?

4. Are there really large numbers of crew leaving or is it "refer to question 1"?

I'm looking for personal experience and not so much, "I've got a mate who knows someone who heard....". Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks all for your time.

Please PM me if you feel you would like to discuss further.

Last edited by DirectAnywhere; 30th Jul 2006 at 02:57.