PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FedEx Off Runway MEM
View Single Post
Old 29th Jul 2006, 18:24
Sqwak7700

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Don't forget the hull losses they had at Subic Bay. Didn't they loose a couple of buses out there? I seem to recal a picture of a FedEx bus up to its tail in water. I've seen the water in Subic Bay. Not exactly the kind of water you might want to take a dip in.

Was this a mechanical problem with the plane, or did it just happen all of a sudden during landing?

What is it with all these landing accidents at FedEx? Their fleet size is about the same as AA. If AA had these many accidents the FAA would be all over them like white on rice.

Didn't they just skid a three holer off the runway in KY? Last I remember they smeared one into Talahasse a couple years back.

I wouldn't be surprised if working those late hours is the reason that their safety record is so bad. After all, fatigue is almost always a factor when an aircraft crashes due to pilot error. The human body is just not designed to be awake at odd hours of the night.

I see so many DC-10/MD-11 planes being converted at FedEx's hangar in LAX. If they keep loosing them at this rate, they are gonna run out.

I wonder how the A380 will handle a FedEx landing? (just kidding)

I'm glad the crew made it out OK.