PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Oxford Aviation Training (OAT) - Who has got a job?
Old 29th Jul 2006, 17:51
Cirrus_Clouds

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation

This is a very interesting post.

Firstly, I wish you guys/women all the best in getting your first job and support you 100%, I would even consider FI if it came to it.

I am in a position where i'm about to start an ATPL and this has just confirmed my suspicions. For every good experience there is a bad.

I am currently researching into where to do my training, whether to do it along side a job or not. One thing that's telling me about this is the "marketing/advertising" that makes it all sound it's rosy, stating there is a higher chance of success, this doesn't gurantee success still. Every company does this and as an individual looking around I am putting this aspect aside; but sure, I want to train some where, where my chances of employment are great.

It's pure luck in my option (with the help of others yes) whether one gets a job. Your chances may be higher if you pay integrated, but we all know it's a gamble/risk.

If I were in the same position you guys, I would be *loody *issed off, but it was a risk you decided to take. This is what is preventing me from doing Integrated as the consequences wouldn't be pleasant to say the least!!

I think if one worked alongside flight training, one would "minimize" any regrets/debt matters. It is VERY difficult to say what is the right decision, only you can make that, as there are so many ways into flying.

I have had lots of experience working my arse for a company producing commercial software and then get treated like *hit, after they've got what they want. This is business and nothing will change (one thing I've learnt from life experiences so far).

If I were in your situation, I would do exactly what your doing now, even approaching them directly for free assistance (after you've paid them all that cash!) in obtaining this first job and doing what ever you can do to ensure you keep "flying" and make yourself appealing to the airlines or whoever.

I've seen this in many other cases, people going to excellent uni's, going away with excellent grades, but.... In the end it's persistence, luck, who you know that puts you where you are today.

Keep plugging away!!!!!!!! and REMAIN POSITIVE (I know how hard it is)

Last edited by Cirrus_Clouds; 29th Jul 2006 at 18:03.