PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Crime in SA
Thread: Crime in SA
View Single Post
Old 29th Jul 2006, 07:18
point8four

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What will it take?

My question is how many of the posts here are from guys with young families? When you are away from your loved ones on contract/3day london/cape town night stop, what provisions have been made to guarantee you come home to what you left behind? I wonder what will happen in 18 years time when my untanned 21 year old son leaves varsity to enter a job market that doesn't support him as a demographic entity? Hmmmm? We provide for the future as best we can, we pay our taxes, we breeze over the headlines with a "thank goodness it wasn't me" attitude and we wait for better days. We've resigned ourselves to our situation like wildebeest crossing the river to graze the other side. Its dangerous but we'll make it-maybe Bert will get "crocked" before me this year and I'll live to fight another day.
The situation will deteriorate and continue to do so regardless of how many of us cross the river each year. Crime is a business and a lucrative one at that-state of the art and keeping up with developments. Do you think Constable M is going to put himself in harm's way for you for 2grand a month? And if we increase Constable M's mates (constable m squared) will it improve? Haha and ha again-because Constable M knows he can earn an extra 2grand by looking the other way between 8:45 and 9:00pm next tuesday at the Rivonia offramp! Come on chaps!
Dear President Mbeki - please can you stop the crime commencing 01st September this year- regards Citizen X (complete with short haircut, tortoise shell glasses and inspiring speeches)
I wonder if Virgin Nigeria arriving with 300 pax and departing with 36 has done anything to exacerbate the situation(no visa required on fridays) just a rumour, but then again whats a forum for.......