PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Origin Pacific
Thread: Origin Pacific
View Single Post
Old 29th Jul 2006, 06:00
pakeha-boy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not trying to put the boot in here....bought a ticket from Wgtn-Nelson a fortnight ago...$60 kiwi...good for me,but the bean counters are trying to squeeze blood from the kumara on that one....with only a half-full flight...tough to make money and stay operational with those loads and ticket prices.

There has been a lot of talk about overseas V,s Kiwis and Oz,s plight in various posts on this site,and to make it an "us"and "them" agenda is wrong.From the MT Cook sagarso,Origin and others,the bottom line is we are all in this together and the problems these smaller companys have are global,they are not isolated.....and the majors are in the same predicament!!

I can guarantee you this,if Origin came up with a cost saving plan,that Delta or Quantus could USE,....they would,!!!...no barriers here,economics is economics....Nelson to JFK...

Take a look at the quarterly earnings as of late,a lot of profit being reported by the bigger airlines...loads are up...but one of the biggest factors....the buggars are finally making the travelling public pay .....pay a reasonable price for those seats....yeah I know,Ican hear it now....there are a lot of other factors involved.....like Mt Cook ,I wish our mates at Origin all the best...