PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MAM Conditions
Thread: MAM Conditions
View Single Post
Old 28th Jul 2006, 15:00
Bizzi_Boi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flocker,

Thank you for your insight. But can I bring something to your attention.

Everytime MAM/QF have hired more casuals, the hours have not decreased. Given our rosters are primarily made up of FWAO (Duties dropped by full-timers). And the Full-Time EBA was aimed at achieveing 100% of duties requested to be dumped to be picked up. First round being offered to full timers then onto casuals. In order for this to be 100% they need enough resource coverage for that, and also full-timers who have gone part-time, sick leave coverage and of course ad-hoc situations.

2 years ago, FWAO was not here. And I still did 130hrs a month based on sick leave coverage. They have hired a lot since I started and the hours are still up.

We are again at a stage where MAM sends us sms to our mobile phones requesting people who are interested to work on NON AV days. So I know where your thought pattern was going when you do the maths, but the rules don't apply here.

To add to it, we still have resources shortages in all bases. And the new casuals (being mostly language speakers) are to cover the regional flying primarily.

Anyone think any different?

Cheers,

Bizzi_Boi