PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair loses legal bid to identify website critics
Old 26th Jul 2006, 09:14
sugden

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A new broom

Following Sandman's comments, I think there is an alternative view to his conclusion that MOL is the only person the carry the Ryanair story forward.
Frequently in other business types an entrepreneur starts something up, grows it through energy and sheer force of will to a certain level, and then passes the reins to someone else. The new boy is a different type of character, one who is good at process and integration because these are what are required in a new business rather than smashing down the walls for the initial land-grab.
I have read somewhere (but can't for the life of me remember where) some comment that non exec directors at Ryanair were privately (or not, if it's in the public domain) considering whether MOL was the right man to continue leading the company. A change might be in the best interests of the future growth of Ryanair now that it is a firmly established leading player in the low cost business. That was recently and before last week's judgement. If true, it can only enhance their view that maybe it's time for change at the top.
He'd go with all the accolades they could shower on him, but he'd go becuase his job, with his skill-set, was done. Time for a steady hand on the tiller.
Finger crossed...