PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates 2% Payrise
View Single Post
Old 7th May 2001, 12:41
AirbornRanger

Question

Emirates....
Mature pilots success rate 35%.....Does make you think doesnt it!!
Management is not stupid at EK, they need "drivers" not brains. Now these drivers must value status and a Disney type life, rather than Integrity and selfrespect.
Many people can fly aeroplanes, lets face it! But to have an opinion and backbone made people like Mandela different, the fact that most majors in Europe promote this is to get a cockpit enviroment that is critical of its own performance so to exersise realistic self-confidence and humbleness.
As far as I know, Emirates pilots are a bunch of rejects from Europe/Australia/NZ who cant believe the position they are in at EK....to good to be true....
This syndrome makes happy people, but surely doesnt promote a mature and humble flight deck enviroment. The fact that this is a major consern for managment when they select pilots says more about the airline rather than the pilots. The pilots are simply "drivers" that can be replaced if equiped with an opinion, and be sure....it takes them two hours to get you out of the UAE with a cancelled residence permit would they not like you.....
Lets also be fair and say that I´m happy for everyone who has a position at EK, as they have found somthing good which they couldnt find back home. However dont try to convince me that you would not rather be in your home country at a good position with your national carrier.
Would I experience this so called "failure" I would see it as sign of personal maturity, as a company like Emirates has this as their main point to fail people on......Good luck EK, and boys....(because you do not accept female drivers do you???) have a good time at Disney Land (somebody called it the real world....pathetic)for as long as it lasts....

United Arab [email protected] thank you, not for me.