PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Oxford Aviation Training (OAT) - Who has got a job?
Old 25th Jul 2006, 17:37
Mooneyboy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I was Oxford modular very similar similar situation to Johny Speedbrakes ( was probaly out in Arizona same time but us mods got the fantastic Seneca V to play with). Finished MCC and JOT in March.

Can't say I have too many complaints with Oxford at all. Groundschool was very good got me all first time passes high average. CPL/ME was great Seneca V, desert, pool and Streets of New York . The IR took a little longer than it should have done due to weather and tech ( their fleet looking tired) but had great instructor who put a lot of effort and time into his instruction. MCC and JOT great fun, challenging and really felt like all your training coming together, a shame the sim broke for a week though mid training. Afterwards about a month later OAT put me forward to GECAT, got through to interview but failed there which was all my own fault.

Oxford have done exactly what they said. Good quality training, no extra costs ( apart from partially IR 1st time but didn't reqire extra training) and tried to find me a job. No regrets about going to Oxford what so ever would do it again but maybe APP if had to start from scratch 0 time.

Position now. No job . Checking email endlessly hoping for something after loads of CVs sent, ring them up but they always seem to be busy but I am very fortunate to get multi pistion time in every few weeks so I can't complain.

Regards

Mooneyboy