PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Oxford Aviation Training (OAT) - Who has got a job?
Old 25th Jul 2006, 12:36
Johny Speedbrakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation New OAT Programme?

Capt. Wanabee,

Good point re FTO's. I remeber very well the uncertainty feeling before ATPL training. I was in the same course as New FO and we both acheived the same grades and even shared the same appartment in Arizona.

However now he has a great job and I don't. (Well done New FO by the way ) Am I concearned ........... not too much. OAT keep in regular contact and I'm always praying for an airline to answer one of my e-mails!

I couldn't fault OAT in their training, I acheived better grades and first time passes in all flying tests there - far better that I thought I could acheive.

I couldn't possibly say which FTO course is better - probably all very similar or if you should train intergrated or modular.

I have heard a rumor though "student rumor network" that OAT are starting a new scheme with GECAT called (or nicknamed) the GPP. I can think of at least four large carriers students have gone to.

Having been unsucessful @ GECAT I'm slightly biased. (Make sure you can get sim checked on B737 is all I'll say!)

Good luck and feel free to ask any thing. I've got quiet a bit of spare time on my hands at the moment!!