PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AUS/PNG Flight Crew Wings
View Single Post
Old 25th Jul 2006, 02:13
sixtiesrelic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gees Tinny! did ya get ya wife to fill out the logbook. It's SO neat.
When I had to hand mine in for my command, I'd sat for hours fillin' in the last coupla years worth at the last moment, I got inter trubbel big time.
I'd left the bloody thing open on my desk. It was about a year from the end... lotsa pages following.
During the night, that mongrel bastard of a cat that wouldn't die, jumped up with muddy feet and wandered over it.
Wasn't allowed to kill the thing, "She's old and couldn't help it!!" from the females of the household.
Went on strike.... wasn't cuttin' out ten pages and re-writing them.
Manager of flt training or whatever the neat freak was called, SUMMONED me to his office and almost went hysterical at this sacrelidge.
Seemed to think I'd grabbed the cat rammed it in a puddle and wiped it across me logbook.
Didn't have a sense of humour, when I said I couldnt' do that... not since th' son and me had operated as a team when I bunged the bitch in one of those blue plastic 40 gallon drums of water and the heir to the family fortunes quickly bopped the lid on.
We clamped the lid on and pushed the drum over so it could roll about fifty feet down a steep hill.
Didn't allow for the momentum of about three hundred pounds of water.
The cat washing machine careered across the lawn and into the creek.
Got savagely clawed when we remove the lid to let the washing out.
Needless to say women weren't home and the lad and his dad decided it might be a good thing to treat it as a family secret.
Boy did they get ****ty when thirteen years later, as we sat in terible pain with tears rolling down our faces we recalled it while in a less alert state of mind... Bloody duty free booze!
Orrite ...orrite back to the subject, but ya gotta love father n' son bondings dont'cha
Here's mine. The Ansett one isn't PNG... lost them.

PNG ones had a wreath of leaves around the outside of the circle.. similar to the MAL ones.