PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MAM Conditions
Thread: MAM Conditions
View Single Post
Old 24th Jul 2006, 23:41
Bizzi_Boi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Well said

Well said GreekAngel, I have been flying for over 2 yrs as a MAM casual and logging on to PPRUNE to read some of the comments in this forum, I would suggest that people need to post facts not rumours or dramatic stories heard from other FA's and not from the direct source.

Yes, it is true that some months the hours are low and income can be unstable but that was something we were all made aware of when we accepted a casual position with no pay or hour guarantee. I recall in my panel interview, being asked financially would I would be okay if in a 2 week period, there was less than 10 hours work? I was well warned during the interview process.

Trust me, I understand how much stress can be brought on by financial worry, and YES I have been found counting my last pennies some months when the work has not been there. But overall, the work always balances out from month to month.

All these suggestions in this forum of 'heaps' of crew leaving MAM due to low hours, is a dramatic rumour. Honestly I have heard of only a few.

As for those of you out there waiting to hear from MAM/QF if you have been accepted. Just be patient, we have all been there. I recall waiting 2 months for an answer. So I certainly understand your frustration. But the best advice is not to put all your eggs in one basket. Just play the waiting game, as hard as it is to do. I wish you all luck, with your applications. It is a great job, and MAM really is a good company to work for. At the end of the day, MAM is a labour company, meeting the requirements of QF to hire labour, so don't expect anything over and above but a great job flying when and where QF needs you.

Anyone who wants to PM me, feel free. I will do my best to answer any questions.

Cheers,

Bizzi_Boi