PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilot requiring marshaller but uses own instinct!!
Old 24th Jul 2006, 23:34
bafanguy

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
[QUOTE=Aloon]Thank you all for the replies.... I think some might be missing the point!!!!

It's not about marshaller capability or requirement!!

My question is though about not adhering to ATC or GROUND instructions and self parking, despite being given instructions to do otherwise.

The main question being though.... NOT adhering to instructions given by ATC or GROUND... Self park with an incident... Is the pilot to blame???

[QUOTE]

OK, I'll take a shot at this: No, you'd not be in hot water with ATC in a legal sense. They have much bigger fish to fry than whether or not some guy waited for a marshaller...or did not.

If you smack something parking without guidance when you could've waited a bit and done it in compliance with your ops manual, the Chief Pilot at your company may invite you to a "rug dance". Is the pilot to blame ? You bet. The only question is who gets to put his danglers on the tree stump...government or Chief Pilot. I'd opt for the Chief Pilot.

Would the convenience of getting to the gate a few minutes earlier be worth the price you paid ?