PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NZ ATPL Insturment and Navaids review questions
Old 24th Jul 2006, 22:50
mattathm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
this is soooo funny

CAA you are just a bunch of Cuns Against Aviation.
Us pilot types have to sit down and struggle through reading a whole lot of infomation to fill our heads full of unnescary st so that we can go in and try to pass some random ASL exam on some topics that we will never ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever use.
Q. Gimble latitude nut on a compass, which way wil we turn it.
A. We dont fuc turn it any fuc way, the engineer does!
Q. What stops flicker on a CRT screen?
A. Who gives a flying fuc ? if its still working we use it, if it doesnt work any more, we MEL it and write it up and the avionics people fix it.
For god sake! cant we have some exams with questions in that actually relate to what we do... should I remind you, we fly and operate planes. We dont repair, fix, adjust. We sit in the cockpit (the 2 front seats at the front of the plane) from when it takes off to when it lands.
We dont carry a snap-on 3746853746 piece tool kit to carry out gimble nut adjustments or a soldiering iron to repair the CRT screen flicker or anything lke that.
I feel sorry for all of us (yeah me to) that havent sat an ATPL flight test yet to now have to pay more money to get our KDR's and learn stuff that not even important to what we do.
You guys set the exam conditions. 70% pass or below that fail. Simple.
I could go on for hours here but it winds me up so ill just go and hit the books and find out some more uselss infomation so i can pass another stupid irrelavant exam......
good luck to you all out there.