PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Etihad Airways
Thread: Etihad Airways
View Single Post
Old 24th Jul 2006, 22:26
etihadlad

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Personal point of view

Some people want to see a glass as half full or half empty .....it is really up to you.
Which ever way everyone wants to look at the airline - look at what else is out there..If other airlines are so much better and you are soooooo good... then why aren't you being head-hunted by them!!??

The company has many good staff, crew and otherwise (and some bad I admit) but which company doesn't? At least the POTENTIAL is there...whether it is fully reached will show in a few years...but in the meantime, try and enjoy your job as best you can and don't let the others things detract from your life......Get out and see the world.. I mean reallly..are you planning on living the rest of your life in the UAE anyway???

At least you are working on mostly brand new aircraft and still get to do a real service...... better than having to sell food like others do in our profession or walk the aisle collecting rubbish in a large garbage bag......I know as I have been there too....Not pretty!!

I too have good days and bad, but I have to look at what other choices I have back in my home country and think whether I want to work for companies like Ryanair and Easy jet et. al.....
Yeah right, to compare, I bet it would be a dream working for them too!!! NOT!!!
Try working in a company that makes you clean the aircraft on turnarounds AND AFTER you have just worked a 9:30 or 12 hour day and then see what it is like in the aviation industry as it stands today.....but then again I am sure that EK, BA, QF, AA, SN and all are just lining up to recruit some of the negative posters from this site!!
Maybe some people need to look at the postings on here and see what the other airlines are really like too before being so critical.

And for all those doubting... No I am not new!! Neither to the aviation industry or to EY. And No I am not in management nor am I sleeping with anyone who is!! (since I know what kind of rebuttal I will get from my posting!) I am just a crew member trying to make the best of what is left of the aviation industry.... or should that now read mass transport industry!!??