PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Speculating about accidents on this and other Sites (Merged again)
Old 24th Jul 2006, 13:42
littco

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fair comment but talking about speculation is by it's own nature subjective and while we can sit here at our desks and guess the cause, the fact remains that until a full report or known cause can be established it could be deemed disrespectfull to those unfortunately departed.

I for one would like to know the cause simply so I can learn, probably much like everyone else, but firmly believe that suggestive attempts at possible failures with either craft or human when facts are few and far between is not only insensitive but really doesn't achieve much. If this is the type of thing people are after then why not start a thread with a made up incident and then get people to comment on the possible issues, much like they do in some of the flight magazines, in far better taste and probably just as constructive without the need to highlight someone's else misfortune..

I fully understand your point, but inlight of recent events personally feel compassion and reflection is better than speculation and uncalled blame.

Interesting point though.

To add;
Just add, and am possibly being hypocritical , but I have found the "Watch your speed thread" very thought provoking and it will certain take something from it, and while it has taken this unfortunate event to raise this thread, I just go back to my point that should it really take events such as this for us to be able to discuss it in such depth? No, but it has..