PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas pilots hit turbulence with JetStar
Old 24th Jul 2006, 05:18
max autobrakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Qantas pilots hit turbulence with JetStar

Title of article in the Australian July 21 ,page 2 no less.

Poor little Alan Joyce thinks Qantas pilots are "vastly uncompetitive with the rest of the aviation market"

Could he please explain how Qantas made such a large profit despite these over paid ,under worked ,recalcitrant Qantas pilots he so obviously despises. Or does driving costs down to JetStar pay and conditions deliver Mr Joyce a nice fat bonus?

"Mr Joyce said Jetstar believed the salaries it was offering pilots reflected market rates and said this was backed by the fact that Jetstar had more than 1000 applications from pilots"

Well Mr Joyce there is a big difference between an application and a firm acceptance of an offer. Just how many firm "acceptances" do you have?
You must obviously be swamped with "acceptances" of a job with such world competitive pay and conditions.

"It is true a Jetstar captain can be paid about $100,000 less than a Qantas captain ,but we believe a salary of $180,000-plus for a 330 captain is very good, and it's the market rates" he said.( Mr Joyce)

Sorry Mr Joyce I must be reading the wrong JetStar Certified Agreement.
My copy reads $160,000 for a "wide body" captain not $180,000 ++ as you proport.Unless of course there are deals to be done in order to get the numbers you need with this world beating market rate.

I guess time will tell if Mr Joyce really does "know the industry" ,won't we.